The Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw is more powerful and weighs less than other saws, plus is more compact and efficient. It has a large trigger switch, rubberized grip handles and a built in current limiter.
You also get a large oil reservoir with a view window to see when oil is needed. This saw is built tough with its 15 amp engine, electric chain brake, and automatic chain oiler.
Benefits – Features:
- Easy operation and maintenance with the chain adjustments and one touch tool free blade.
- Includes rubberized grip handles that are ergonomically designed for simple handling and comfort.
- Starts up smooth with the Soft Start trigger switch.
- Includes the built-in current limiter to reduce power and protect the motor from burning out.
- Has a large oil reservoir and the ability to check the oil level with a view window.
Product – Shipping Details:
- This saws shipping dimensions are 10 1/2 by 3 1/2 by 9.4 in., weighs 14 lbs. and comes with over 50 customer reviews and 5 stars on Amazon.
The soft start feature on this saw with its overload protection is totally worth the extra investment.
The quality of the saw, as well as the balance, is great and the electric motor is less annoying than with other saws.
It does not have that annoying whining sound to it.
The chain is always oiled up generously with the auto oiling feature and without dripping which is nice. Assembly of this saw was not hard at all.
The tightener pin on the Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw, 16″
is made of thin plastic which is a concern. It makes you question how long this saw will actually last. For the price of this saw, you would think the pin would be made of something more durable like metal. Also, this saw is a bit heavier than other saws so if you have problems with your hands or arms, it might not be the saw for you.
However, it is a rugged saw that does a really great job cutting.