What makes an ‘Ideal’ best chainsaw?
Asking which is the best chainsaw is a little bit like wondering about the most efficient knife – the answer depends on your intended use. With hundreds of chainsaws to choose from, the best chainsaw for you depends on how often you’ll be using it and how much power you’re going to be needing. After all, the handyman who simply wants to do a little tree limbing in the yard is going to require a completely different beast than the seasoned logger who’s heading into the woods for some serious cutting.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- How often will you be using the chainsaw: Will the saw be used for occasional wood cutting jobs around the home or will you be getting into some serious land management projects? If the latter is the case, you’ll require a professional grade machine.
- What size wood will you be cutting? This will allow you to find the appropriate bar length and engine size.
- How much weight can you manage? 12 to 15 pounds doesn’t sound like much, but after half an hour you’ll be feeling it all over your body. Know what your limits are, otherwise, you will sacrifice, not only your comfort but your safety.
What is the Best Chainsaw for Yard Work?Our pick for the best chainsaw for light, infrequent use around your yard is the WORX WG304.1 18-Inch 15.0 Amp Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension, Chain Brake, and Automatic Oiling. An electric saw is super convenient and handy for those home bound jobs and this one is ergonomically designed for comfort and ease of handling. A built-in current limiter helps protect the motor from burn-out by reducing power when overloaded. It will cut firewood, take down small to medium trees and perform general yard maintenance, you won’t find better than this.
The WORX WG304.1 18-inch Chainsaw is a robust and lightweight power tool that comes with added power and increased bar length (18-inch). It is perfect for quick, easy jobs around your yard or farm, such as cutting firewood, clearing brush, trimming trees, and more. In addition, it never produces harmful emissions and has minimal operating costs when compared to gas-powered chain saws.
All-metal spikes at the base of the long, 18-inch bar help add stability during cutting, while an easy-to-lubricate sprocket on the bar nose helps preserve the life of the tool. Powerful enough for your toughest jobs, the WG304.1 continues to meet any demand and satisfy owners.
Some advance feature:
- Chain Brake for Added Safety
- Automatic Chain Lubrication
- Automatic Chain Tensioner
See what custonmers say about WORX WG304.1 18-Inch 15.0 Amp Electric Chainsaw on Amazon.
What is the Best Chainsaw for Medium Sized Cutting Jobs?
The best chainsaw for medium sized jobs is the Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20 Inch 55-1/2cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chainsaw (Carb Compliant). This compact little beast of a machine features Husqvarna’s X-torque engine technology, reducing fuel technology by up to 20-percent and emissions by up to 60-percent. The combination of the two is definitely features that the best chainsaws should have. It offers easy access to the air filter, spark plug, and clutch housing. This machine weighs in at 12.8 pounds, which makes it a little heavy for the power output in comparison to similar models on the market. This extra weight is due to the strato-charged engine, which boosts the power output.
The Husqvarna 455 Rancher specifier feature:
- The x-torq engine technology reduces fuel consumption up to 20-percent and emissions up to 60-percent, Low vibration
- Facilitates cleaning and replacement of the air filter
- Allows for easier starting and reduces the risk of engine flooding
- Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before reaching the air filter
- 20-Inches long 55-1/2cc 2-stroke gas-powered chain saw; CARB compliant; this results in reduced air filter cleanings and improved engine life
What is the Best Chainsaw for Heavy Duty Jobs?For some serious grunt, you don’t want to go past the Husqvarna 460 Rancher 20-Inch 60.3cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw (CARB Compliant). Make no mistake about it, this saw is made for professional loggers and skilled land owners. It’s packed with innovative features that make it more efficient, more productive and more environmentally friendly than anything else that’s out there. The innovative RevBoost technology allows for immediate high chain speed to allow you to cut through those heavy duty limbs.
You’ll be spending around $500 for your Husqvarna 460 Rancher, but you’ll get all the power, durability and ergonomic comfort you could ever hope for.
See more at Husqvarna Chainsaw Reviews & Top 3 Models