The Poulan Pro PP4218AVX 18-Inch 42cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Anti-Vibration ChainSaw with Case is a great saw with several brilliant features. For instance, the anti-vibration system keeps the engine away from the chassis which reduces vibration and enhances both safety and comfort.
The inertia-activated chain brake is a safety feature that stops chain rotation during a kickback and the auto oiling system feature keeps the chain and bar lubricated with oil continuously while using.
Other features of this saw are an improved pulley starting system, the dura chrome vertical cylinder design, the air filtration system, a reverse sprocket for simpler chain replacement and the soft touch handle. Plus you get a case that keeps your saw clean and neat.
Benefits – Features:
- Enhances safety and comfort with the anti-vibration handle.
- Comes with 18 in. guide bar and reverse sprocket which offers simple chain replacement.
- Comes with an auto oiling system that keeps chain and bar continuously lubricated during use.
- It is Non-CARB compliant.
Product – Shipping Details:
- The shipping dimensions of this chainsaw are 34.8 by 13.9 by 11.9 in., weighs 24 lbs. and has a 3-star rating and 105 customer reviews on Amazon.
Upsides: The starter rope has padded grips, however, unnecessary since it starts in just 3 pulls. It has a better chain adjustment which means no tools and is made of heavier construction. Operates smoothly and cuts faster and better than other chain saws. It even idles without stalling out too.
Downsides: The Poulan Pro PP4218AVX Chain Saw is not built for logging a 40. It is better for felling smaller trees and cutting firewood. It does tend to leak bar oil and when hung up by the handle, it leaked on the floor. A good suggestion would be to store it empty to avoid the mess. Great performing chainsaw, nevertheless.